Who Can We Help?
Carers providing unpaid care or support to a family member or friend either in their own home or somewhere else. ‘Caring’ for someone covers lots of different things like helping with their washing, dressing or eating, taking them to regular appointments or keeping them company when they feel lonely or anxious.
Our services are commissioned by a number of health organisations and local authorities who specify both the geographical areas and people we can support within those contracts.
Therefore, in Lancashire we can support the following adult carers:
- Aged 18+
- Either live or care for someone who lives in the following districts in Lancashire County:
- Lancaster and Morecambe
- South Ribble
- West Lancashire.
- Are caring for someone who is accessing steps four or five of the mental health system and the carer and/or the person they care for live in Burnley, Pendle, Rossendale, Hyndburn and Ribble Valley.
- Meet the criteria above but are a ‘former’ carer.
In Rochdale we can support:
- Young and adult carers including parent carers and former carers who live in the Borough of Rochdale.
In Cheshire East we can support:
- Young and adult Carers including parent carers and former carers who live in Cheshire East.